The Meaning Behind The Song: Real Love by Jody Watley

As a music journalist, I have always been fascinated by the stories behind the songs that captivate our hearts and minds. Today, I want to delve into the meaning behind the timeless classic, “Real Love” by Jody Watley.

I remember stumbling upon this song at a friend’s house many years ago. It was one of those lazy summer afternoons when the sunshine filled the room, and music seemed to be the perfect soundtrack for the moment. Little did I know that this song would leave such a lasting impression on me.

Real Love was released in 1989 as part of Jody Watley’s album “Larger Than Life.” Produced by André Cymone and written by Jody Watley herself, the song’s infectious rhythm and heartfelt lyrics struck a chord with listeners around the world.

The opening lines, “I said I would get over you, now I’m here out on my own, trying to live my life, and now you wanna come back,” immediately sets the tone for the song. It’s a story of a person who has moved on from a past relationship and is determined not to fall into the same old patterns of heartbreak again.

Watley’s powerful vocals emphasize her desire for a love that is genuine and sincere. She sings, “I want a love that’s serious, no time to play love games, I don’t wanna be nobody’s fool.” These lyrics showcase her insistence on finding a love that is authentic and meaningful, refusing to settle for anything less.

Throughout the song, Watley repeats the phrase “Real love” as if to reaffirm her longing for a deep and genuine connection. It becomes a mantra, a declaration of her desire for a love that is true and lasting. The repetition of this phrase emphasizes the importance and significance of finding real love in our lives.

The catchy chorus, “Real love, I know I wanna have one, Real love, gonna try and get some” resonates with listeners on a universal level. We all want to experience real love, regardless of our individual circumstances. Love is a fundamental human need, and Watley’s song reminds us of the importance of seeking it out in our lives.

Listening to “Real Love” takes me back to a time when music had the power to transport me to another world. Its infectious melodies and empowering lyrics have stood the test of time, proving that great music transcends generations and genres.

In conclusion, “Real Love” by Jody Watley is more than just a song. It’s a powerful anthem of self-worth, resilience, and the universal longing for true love. Its lyrics and melodies have touched the hearts of millions, reminding us of the eternal quest for real love and the importance of never settling for anything less.

So, the next time you find yourself humming along to this iconic tune, remember the meaning behind it and allow it to inspire you to seek out the real love that you deserve in your own life.

ncG1vNJzZminnJnBqrnEpqysoZNjsLC5jrBpaKyYmnquscCnoKefXZeyqbXNnWStoJViwLC6xmapnpmcYrmwwsRmmbJlmqSxunnWmqulnalk